We are seeking a full-time medical office receptionist and procedure scheduler to join our amazing team. The work is on-site only, with a full time Tuesday-Friday schedule, with occasional Saturdays to cover co-workers’ time off. We need our team to be flexible to physician schedule changes as well.
Pay is competitive, from $19.00 to $23.00 per hour, depending on experience and skills. We also offer supplemental pay, bonus pay, and a potential signing bonus for the right candidate.
(We’re also hiring a certified medical assistant.)
- 401(k) with match after 1 year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking
- Professional development assistance,
Flexible spending account
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
About our pain clinic in Bellevue, WA:
We are an interventional orthopedics and pain practice, practicing a variety of therapies with cutting-edge technology and techniques. We are a tight-knit office with an experienced and friendly Physician-Owner and staff, using. Ample learning and growth opportunities are available.
Receptionist / scheduler job requirements and preferences:
- We prefer that you have experience assisting patients, collecting appropriate documentation, co-pays and deposits, as well as answering basic insurance questions. Must be comfortable with all forms of technology and Apple products. We are in the midst of transitioning to eClinicalWorks software and training will include time with a specialized on-site trainer. Because our clinic is always using the most advanced technology, you will learn many valuable advanced skills here!
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented and have excellent communication skills. We have patients of all ages, and many travel from across the US and from abroad to get treatment here.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Working knowledge of Medical Office Suite
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (required)
- Fun, energetic, easygoing personality needed for a small private practice
- MUST be computer-savvy: we are a low-paper organization, and so we rely on multiple computer programs
- Being comfortable with an Apple computer platform is a MUST, with 1 year (required). Must have reliable transportation (job requires working in-person in Bellevue, WA).
What we’ll want you to do:
- Greet and check-in patients in-person and over the phone, and direct flow of patients and calls according to policy. Route messages as needed to appropriate departments or staff. Collect and verify demographic and insurance information from patient or family member. Enter data into the information system and update patient files, according to policy.
- Set up clinic e-charts, scan, and organize paperwork for clinic.
- Schedule appointments, procedures, radiology orders, and lab tests as requested by Physician.
- Be responsible for schedule reviews to ensure all prior authorizations have been completed and patients are scheduled according to office policy.
- Ensure required authorizations are present on all patient documents.
- Provide information to patients regarding financial policies, registration requirements, etc.
- Ensure that patient waiting areas are clean, well-maintained, and pleasant.
- Ensure that patients’ needs are met while in the clinic to include transportation as necessary, interpreters, scheduling of appointments and the like.
- Participate in clinic training and maintenance as needed.
Because we operate as a true, cross-functional team, we’ll want you to perform tasks and duties as assigned or requested by your supervisor/manager or by the Physician-Owner.
Tasks may include providing backup for the Medical Assistant team, including:
- Room patients and gowns patients appropriately.
- Clean exam rooms as needed.
- Maintain professional environment.
- Comfort patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the clinic in a clean and safe manner.
- Monitor each provider’s schedule and room patients appropriately.
- Provide general patient care service.
- Maintain and file patient documents relevant to patient care.
We take our staff’s safety seriously. WE DO NOT TREAT PATIENTS SICK WITH COVID. Guests are not allowed into the clinic with patients, keeping staff interactions to a minimum. Everyone (staff included) is screened for signs and symptoms of COVID.
Next step to apply:
If you’re interested in this rewarding position as an integral part of solving people’s pain problems, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].