Job Opening: Gap Year Medical Assistant at Dr. Attaman, PLLC
Have you considered a gap year internship as a medical assistant before going to medical school or physician’s assistant school?
We have gap year job openings available at our interventional pain management clinic in Bellevue, WA. You would start right away.
This is a unique opportunity to have intensive, hands-on patient care experience and direct one-on-one interaction with a double board certified subspecialist physician – Dr. Jason Attaman – who is a medical school assistant professor, surgery center medical director, and 7-year Seattle Met “Top Doc” award winner.
We will train you on the job as a medical assistant and will pay your tuition at phlebotomy school. You may also be able to serve as a medical scribe. We are seeking a minimum 1-year commitment from you (ideally 2 years).
Excellent performance in your role will be rewarded with a strong letter of recommendation.
You will not simply be shadowing or observing patient care: You will be directly participating and become an important part of the clinical care team. This is the most “hands-on” clinical experience you could hope for.
As a gap year medical assistant, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about non-interventional and interventional musculoskeletal and pain issues (back and nerve pain, shoulder and knee injuries, etc). Pain is the number one most common complaint seen in primary and urgent care settings. Acute and chronic pain is very common in surgical specialties.
- Learn about these issues from a subspecialty perspective, which provides useful experience for you no matter what field of medicine you eventually join.
- Obtain valuable patient care that is transferrable to any specialty
- Receive mentorship from Dr. Attaman personally.
- Improve your changes of getting into medical school
- Receive medical school interview training
- Collaborate with other gap-year interns
As a gap year medical assistant, you can expect to:
- Assist physicians with office procedures for clinic visits, procedures, injections, diagnostic imaging, and treatments for various painful conditions
- Document/scribe for physicians in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Provide patient education and post-operative care instructions
- Work as part of a team within the practice
We offer competitive pay, paid time off (PTO), sick time, paid holidays, health, dental, and other voluntary benefits, effective on your date of hire.
Please email [email protected] if you wish to apply.