We are seeking a full-time certified medical assistant to join our amazing clinical team by performing a variety of back-office and patient-related tasks and ensuring smooth patient service and workflow. The work is on-site at our Bellevue pain clinic, with the following full-time 10-hour-a-day schedule:
Tuesday – 9:00 am – 7:30 pm
Thursday – 9:00 am – 7:30 pm
Friday – 9:00 am – 7:30 pm
Saturday – 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Though we take pains to let our staff get back home on-time every evening, sometimes our patients’ wellness requires us to go above and beyond, in which case we may need shift our schedules around. That is not an everyday situation here, but we want to be up-front about the importance of flexibility.
We are looking to hire immediately, starting with on-site training. Pay is competitive, with a range from $21.00 to $24.50 per hour, depending on experience and skills. We also offer supplemental pay, bonus pay, and a potential signing bonus for the right candidate.
(We’re also hiring an office receptionist / scheduler.)
- 401(k) with match after 1 year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking
- Professional development assistance, Flexible spending account
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
About our pain clinic in Bellevue, WA:
We are an interventional orthopedics and pain practice, practicing a variety of therapies with cutting-edge technology and techniques. We are a tight-knit office with an experienced and friendly Physician-Owner and staff. Ample learning and growth opportunities are available.
Experience and other requirements:
- Demonstrated experience drawing blood required.
- Strong calculation skills.
- Understanding how to operate a fluoroscopic c-arm X-ray machine a HUGE plus.
- Must be comfortable with an Apple computer platform, at least 1 year required.
- Excellent computer skills (familiarity with Mac Computers including the ability to successfully navigate between multiple applications)
- Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form in English language.
- EMR systems: 1 year experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
License / Certification:
- Completion of a Medical Assistant course accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or other recognized regional or national accreditation board; OR equivalent education/experience, required.
- Washington State Certified Medical Assistant License, preferred.
- LEGAL REQUIREMENT: Must be Washington State Medical Assistant-Certified or achieve this designation during the probationary period (90 Days). Failure to achieve and/or maintain this designation will result in separation from employment with the clinic.
- BLS Certification preferred.
What we’ll want you to bring:
- A fun, energetic personality.
- Computer / tech savvy. We are a low-paper organization, relying on multiple computer programs. Because our clinic uses the best technology, you may learn many valuable advanced skills here.
Work is moderately physical. You will need the ability to lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds maximum, 25 pounds frequently. Continuous standing, walking, bending, stretching, and reaching.
A medical assistant’s job description includes:
Laboratory work: Conduct technical tasks and laboratory function under supervision using established or project-specific protocols and standard operating procedures. Contribute to laboratory activities and maintenance. Maintain laboratory equipment, supplies, and schedules. Conduct work that follows established protocols and procedures. You will learn to process blood for ortho-biologic procedures. This training may require some travel to a training facility.
Venipuncture: You will be performing 2-6 blood draws per day. Must be well-organized, detailed-oriented and have a good amount of experience drawing blood. Must be good with calculations as well have great interpersonal skills.
Procedure Set-up and C-Arm: Understanding how to operate a fluoroscopic c-arm X-ray machine is a HUGE plus. If you have no such experience, you will be taught how to operate one under the direct guidance of our physician. We believe in teaching all who join our team valuable advanced skills.
Main general duties of a medical assistant:
- Welcome and greet patients and visitors, including clinical intake of patients, while maintaining a professional, effective and organized environment and managing the flow of patients in the clinic
- Perform direct patient-care procedures according to your level of education, certification, and clinic protocol, and considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient’s age
- Provide skilled assistance to physician performing patient-care procedures in the clinic, as well as necessary laboratory and recordkeeping duties.
- Provide accurate, appropriate, and culturally sensitive education to clinic patients, including regarding post-procedure care and follow-up.
- Ensure exam rooms are properly stocked with equipment and supplies and that medical instruments are clean and available for procedures.
- Assist physician in procedure rooms when needed, including use of ultrasound, C-Arm, and other specialized equipment.
- As a contributing team member, perform duties of other support staff as required by clinic needs.
- Because we operate as a true, cross-functional team, we’ll want you to perform tasks and duties as assigned or requested by your supervisor/manager or the Physician Owner.
We take our staff’s safety seriously. WE DO NOT TREAT PATIENTS SICK WITH COVID. Guests are not allowed into the clinic with patients, keeping staff interactions to a minimum. Everyone (staff included) is screened for signs and symptoms of COVID.
Next step to apply:
If you’re interested in this rewarding position as an integral part of solving people’s pain problems, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].