Launch your medical career with a full-time or part-time paid medical scribe role with Dr. Attaman, PLLC. As a result of our hands-on experience and mentor relationships, 100% of our scribes develop long-term careers in medicine after experiencing one-on-one work with physician(s) and our team. As a scribe with Dr. Attaman, PLLC, you will receive comprehensive paid training in medical terminology and procedures and work directly with physicians, resulting in powerful letters of recommendation and ongoing mentorship.
Job type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $24.00 per hour
Why Dr. Attaman, PLLC?
- Offers one-on-one time with physician(s) and other healthcare providers
- Paid training that provides in-depth knowledge of EMR documentation, medical terminology, disease processes, procedures, medications, medical decision making, and more.
- Phlebotomy Training, we will pay for training and licensing. *Great for Medical School and Physician Assistant (PA) Applications*
- Advanced Training Opportunity to become a Medical Assistant – Registered through Physician Mentoring. We will pay for licensing. *Great for Medical School Applications and Physician Assistant (PA) Applications*
- College Education or Enrollment Preferred with concentration in pre-medicine, biology, or completed courses in anatomy and medical terminology.
- Ability to commit to Tuesday – Saturday 10 am to 7 pm office availability
- Passion and long-term interest in the medical field with a dedication to succeed.
- Ability to take direction and feedback for improvement in performance
- Strong and professional written and verbal English communication skills
- Attentive and present during training in order to execute scribe responsibilities associated with placement successfully
- Communicate professionally with management
- Successfully operate the EMR and document any procedures performed by the physician, as well as patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Follow documentation compliance standards.
- Assure that the medical record is complete and that all pertinent documentation requirements are met, including the diagnosis, disposition and patient education interventions.
- Scribes do not directly render or order any patient care and should refer all requests to participate in any patient care to the physician or nursing staff; including transporting specimens, answering the phone, helping patients, etc.
- Be available for physician concerns and questions and ready to assist at all times.
- Ensuring the physician has everything he needs to prepare for a deposition if needed.
- Reviewing medical records requests for completion and accuracy.
- Provide back up for medical assistant in processing blood and bone marrow under Regenexx protocol.
- Other duties that may be asked of you include but are not limited to clinic flow.
- College Education or Current Enrollment Preferred with concentration in pre-medicine, biology, or completed courses in anatomy and medical terminology.
- Previous medical experience and familiarity with ICD10/CPT codes and/or medical terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Medical transcription/terminology background.
- Excellent typing skills including speed, a minimum of 60 wpm, with outstanding accuracy in order to complete timely dictations
- The ability to organize plan and coordinate multiple tasks with a high sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently.
- Above average computer skills, with some data entry experience.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must embody precision and accuracy with documentation
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- 10-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
All employees and patients or visitors must comply with Washington state law for vaccinations and masking.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bellevue, WA 98004: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Typing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Apple Computer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical anatomy & terminology: 1 year (Preferred)